I’m thinking of getting new binders. I recently purchased a lime green Franklin Covey planner of ebay. I considered it a dream comes true. Since, I just dream to have the lime green planner for months and finally found it on ebay. I bought it the minutes I saw and scrutinized the functionality of the binder, ring size, and the design. Of course, I snagged it right away. I was pretty pleased with myself.
You may think this is such a normal planner, nothing fancy. I have to agree. But I have a soft spot for the buckle and this one has a buckle!!. On the top, it has a full length pocket (like a wallet). It’s just perfect. I can use it as a binder/wallet/extra note pages holder.
I’m eyeing my next purchase which is also a Franklin Covey. This one is about 6900 yen. This new binder will be from Japan site which I cannot understand any words in it. DARN!!! I just love the color, flower charm, the design and everything about it.
Now it’s all about trying to figure out how to order it when I have no way to understand anything listed on the website. Yikes!!!
My next binder that I have in mind is FILOFAX (yay!) Malden in Aqua. I’m going to order from writeathome.co.uk. Since they have a special promotion (FREE SHIPPING), I can’t resist. I personally love the FF malden because of it’s leather, design and it can hold the wider pages of FC…. LOVE!!!
I love my purple malden so much that the decision to get the aqua is so easy. I was debating between an aqua malden and an orange osterley. The aqua malden won hands down.
Besides the above three binders, I’m also drooling over Gillio and other Filofax and other Franklin Covey.
What do I usually think when I decide on my new binder>>>
- They must be in personal sized Filofax. I tried the A5, compact, and pocket. None of them work out for me. A5 is too big and too heavy! Pocket size and mini are way too small. I can’t turn pages because the rings are too tiny.
- I consider the colors before all things LOL. I set the colors first so I can only buy certain designs. This way I can save myself from buying multiple ones in the same colors. (I did own 7 red binders and 3 pink binders! This must stop!!)
- As much as I love pink and red, I must stop myself from getting more in the same shades.
- My next colors that I like to get are orange and blue.
- The rings must be big enough to fulfill my needs of putting thick chunk of inserts. FC passes all the way. FF can’t win this battle.
- I love quality leathers but at the same time I allow myself to buy non leather binders too.
- I also look carefully at the innards too. They must have pockets, 2 pen loops are preferable.
- Laying flat is quite important too since most of the time my experiences with Finsbury annoy me.
- Price is also one huge issue. As much as I love to have a Gillio but the price is way out of my league especially when I converted the price to my currency. Oh GOSH!!! I have to stop myself from even thinking about it.
Well, I’ll line up what I’ll be getting in the next few months in a particular order.
- Franklin Covey lime green (coming soon to mama)
- Filofax Aston in gray (not my fav color but it’s the only color available!)
- Franklin Covey Flower (As soon as I can figure out how to order in Japanese)
- Filofax Aqua Malden (As soon as it comes out)
- Filofax Blue Finsbury (hesitate yet interested)
- Gillio (if I can win a lottery, this will be my baby someday)
Any other suggestions are welcome. Just please do not introduce me to any other expensive binders would be really awesome. I can’t afford any expensive ones at the moment but who knows I might be able to get it sooner than I think.