I have been drooling over the Gillio for quite a while and I missed a chance of using the 25% discount code. At that time I wasn’t ready to acquire such an expensive binder yet. Now that things are much smoother and I’m ready to buy one. I decided to get a Gillio Campagna in 463 – Croco Fuchsia Mat but they’re out of stock until October. I don’t think I can wait that long. I watched videos on youtube over and over to decide which one to get. Of course, epoca is my next option but I like colors. I choose planners by looking at the leather and colors. The color that is missing from my glorious Filofax, Franklin Covey and Louis Vuitton collections is orange. So, I decided to get the epoca orange without even seeing the leather sample. I took a huge leap of fate that it will be pretty and absolutely yummy as other gillio planners are.
After a week of ordering, here came the white Gillio box. I didn’t take any picture of the box though. I just tear it open and unveil the Gillio bag.
Inside the box, there are a black box and a paper wrap.
The box read “Epoca Reddish”, I was surprised! I ordered the Orange one, didn’t it?
Inside the black box, I have a gillio dust bag to protect my precious planner.
It’s the Gillio Campagna in orange epoca. Just the color I chose it.
The leather is so soft, smooth and very beautiful. I don’t know what or how to explain the leather of this planner
It has a snap closure and the strap of the closure is much wider than most of the planners. This makes it more durable to open and close without worrying about wears and tears. I saw some people clipped a pen on the strap. I did too but then I changed my mind. Since, the pen left a permanent dent on the strap so I no longer left the pen there.
Top view. I love my planner to be stuffed and heavy. This one is just perfect.
Flipping it open and review a beautiful innards. There are many pockets which I love love love. I especially love the patch leather as a cover. I don’t know what the specific purpose besides protecting the pages but I just love it sitting there doing absolutely nothing.
The Gillio logo. (The color is bit off). Mine doesn’t say “Campagna” on the front cover but it’s fine. (I’d be nice to have it there too though 🙂
Inside pockets. There are a zip pocket, credit card pocket and a secretarial pocket.
The inserts. I usually use the FC day on 2 pages but I found the Gillio inserts to be quite lovely, usable and very nice.
I requested GOLD RINGS!!!! I sent emails to gillio team and didn’t get any responses. I was worried whether I would get my gold rings.
My rings are perfect!!! I don’t have any misalignment!!! whoo hoo. I love gold rings.
I also love the corners that has a perforation! I could tear off whenever the week is over. It can be used as a bookmark as well.
It comes with a frosted ruler/page marker
I don’t know what to do with the rest of the inserts but I left them there since they’re so pretty. I especially love the numbers next to each tab. The inserts have numbers to coordinate with the tabs too. Genius!
There are 5 credit card pockets which are wide enough to slide more than one in a slot.
However it just comes with just one pen loop! I would love to have 2 pen loops since I love to carry many pens. Anyway, on the back of the pen loop has an elastic band so fat pens can be well rested in the loop.
On the back side of the planner, there is another secretarial pocket. I put a sheet of Martha Stewart dew drops in there.
I got leather samples which is a day or two after I got the planner.
I requested 6-7 samples but they were in high demands so I only got 4, which were croco fuchsia, honey, red and epoca orange.
Like I said, I decided to get the planner before I could see the real color. Still, I am not disappointed at all.
The sample leather is a shade or two darker than the real one. In the picture, the planner is slightly brighter than the real thing.
– I hesitated at first to invest in such a pricey planner. Now that I have one in my hand, I can’t say enough how much I love her. I would say like everyone else said “it’s worth every penny”.
– The leather is soft, smooth and it smells fantastic. I love the quality of the leather.
– I love the gold rings. There is something very special about these rings. I just love the gold tone against the leather.
– I love the deep back pocket that runs from left to right. It’s just perfect. I put an A4 sheet that folded in half and leave it permanently there.
– I love the pen loop. even if it’s just one pen loop, I’m still quite happy with it. I sometimes left a pen there and it just got in the way while I’m writing.
WILL I BUY ANOTHER GILLIO PLANNERS?
– Yes and I just did. I purchased another Gillio Campagna in croco fuchsia from Facebook, the previous owner is Karina Lopez. She decided to let go of fuchsia so I asked if I could buy it.
– I’m thinking of getting 2 more. But I would love to see the comparison between Campagna and Amica first.
– I’d like to have a lime green (the A5 one Mella showed us on YT) but I want a medium size, a Croco Honey, and a croco blue.
– I’ll have 3-4 months before I can place the order since they will be out of stock until then.
– I’ll review the Campagna Croco Fuchsia once I have her. I also want to see the review of the croco blue and croco honey since they’re my future purchases.